Chromium Carbide Wear Fan and Fan Housing
Adding abrasion resistant options to your material handling fan can enhance the service life of your fan. Shown below are some of the options available that will provide enhanced wear resistance to the fan wheel and housing of the fan. Generally, there are two basic ways to incorporate more abrasion resistant materials. One is to make the components from abrasion resistant materials that are structurally sound. The other is to use abrasion resistant materials as liners. Refer to the image below as a reference, then please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives to discuss your application and what options are available to extend your fan service life.
Material in the airstream of a fan can cause wear and greatly diminish the service life of a fan. The first step is to choose the appropriate fan wheel type. After that, depending on the type of material being handled, size, volume, and abrasiveness, it is wise to consider upgrading the primary wear surfaces of the air stream to combat the detrimental effects of wear.
- The wear plate is manufactured by depositing high chromium, wear resistant materials on the mild steel base plate using open arc or submerged arc welding process.
- Consistent wear resistance guaranteed from surface down to 75% depth of the overlay.
- The volume fraction of primary carbides is maintained between 30 to 50% to provide a good combination of wear resistance and homogenous bonding.
- Plate hardness ranges from HRC58-65. The hardness is tested on machined flat surface just below overlay surface.
- Fine cracks perpendicular to the welding bead is normal due to natural stress relieving in a very hard matrix.
- Staggered cracking pattern on overlay surface contributes to good formability.
The wear plate is suitable for severe wear and moderate impact applications.
Why WALDUN Wear Fan and Fan Housing
- Higher chromium content in the chemical composition of wear-resistant layer
- Higher volume fraction of Cr7C3 carbide in metallographic structure
- Wear-resistant layer is high and uniform, hardness can reachHRC60-65
- Wear-resistant layer is uniform and the tolerance is controlled between 0 ~ 0.5 mm
- The flatness and flatness of the plate surface areat 3mm/M
- Wear resistance is muchhigher than heat treatment wear-resistant steel.