Handheld Laser Cladding Machine
Laser cladding technology
Laser cladding technology uses a high-energy laser beam (104-106w/cm2) irradiated on a metal surface with the simultaneous addition of alloy powder, which melts, expands and solidifies rapidly.
A layer of material with special physical, chemical or mechanical properties is fused to the surface of the substrate, thus constituting a new alloy layer with very low dilution. It makes up for the lack of properties of the original substrate material. Laser cladding can be used to clad metals or non-metals of various compositions according to the performance requirements of the product to produce a surface cladding layer that is heat resistant, wear resistant, corrosion resistant, oxidation resistant, fatigue resistant or has optical, electrical or magnetic properties.
Laser cladding is an economically efficient new technology that can produce high performance alloy surfaces on inexpensive metal substrates without affecting the nature of the substrate, reducing costs and saving precious and rare metal materials.
Advantages of laser cladding:
- Fast cooling rate (up to 106℃/s), which is a fast solidification process, easy to get fine crystal organization or produce new phases that cannot be obtained from equilibrium state, such as non-stationary phase, amorphous state, etc.
- Solid metallurgical bonding or interfacial diffusion bonding between the cladding layer and the substrate, low dilution rate and high controllability, which can control the welding focal length, the welding depth of fusion and thus the welding dilution rate as needed.
- Laser cladding reinforced repair parts with low heat impact, small deformation, only surface melting during processing, small heat-affected zone of the substrate, generally between 0.1-0.5 mm.
- Metallurgical bonding between the substrate and the clad material, with a bonding strength comparable to that of the parent material.
- The thickness and hardness of the clad layer is large, the clad layer is dense, no pores, slag, cracks and other defects, the hardness of the clad layer can be 18-60HRC.
- There is almost no restriction on the choice of powder, and high melting point alloys can be deposited on the surface of low melting point metals.
- The laser is suitable for long-distance transmission, for large parts, can be repaired on site.
- Laser cladding has the characteristics of non-contact welding, for some, grooves, deep holes for cladding welding.
- Handheld melting and cladding is flexible, complex shape parts can be repaired smoothly, eliminating the trouble of programming or automation that is difficult to achieve.
Details of handheld laser cladding machine:
|Rated output power (w)
|Output power adjustment range (%)
|Center wavelength (nm)
|Output power instability
|Maximum modulation frequency (kHz)
|Indicates red light power (mW)
|Output fiber core diameter (μ m)
|Output fiber length (m)