- 1.1191steel belongs to Germany steel grade standard DIN 17200 and EN 10083. Which is carbon steel standard specification for machinery structural application.
- 1.1191 steelis widely used in machinery manufacturing, 1.1191 medium carbon steel have good mechanical properties.
- 1.1191 steelis defined as medium carbon steel, 1.1191 steel has 0.43%-0.5% Carbon.
- 1.1191 steeloffers good weldability, good machinability, high strength and impact properties.
- 1.1191 steelis low in hardenability, because of lack of suitable alloying elements.
- 1.1191 steelcan obtain surface hardnesses 54-60HRC after flame or induction hardening.
- 1.1191 steelis generally supplied in the black hot forged or normalized condition,and has a tensile strength of 570 -700 MPa with surface hardness170-210HB.
- Supply Form & Size & Tolerance
|Φ6-Φ100||Cold Drawn||Bright/Black||Best H11|
|Flat/Square/Block||Thickness :120-800||Hot Forged||Black||-0/+8mm|
Remark:Tolerance can be customized as per requests
|Melting point °C||1495|
|Modulus of Elasticity, psi||29 x 10^6|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion, 68-212˚F, /˚F||6.39 x 10^-6|
|Thermal Conductivity, Btu/ft hr ˚F||30|
|Specific Heat, Btu/lb ˚F||0.116|
|Electrical Resistivity, Microhm-in||6.42|
- Mechanical Property
|Section Size mm||≤ 16||17 – 40||41 – 100|
|Tensile Strength Mpa||700-850||6500-800||630-780|
|Yield Strength Mpa||≥ 500||≥430||≥ 370|
|Elongation in 50mm %||≥ 14||≥ 16||≥ 17|
|Impact Charpy J||≥ 30||≥ 30||≥ 30|
Remark:Water Quench at 820 oC -850 oC or oil quench at 830 °C-860°C and Tempered Between 540 °C – 680 °C
Heat 1.1191 steel with two steps,first heat the temperature to 750 oC – 800 oC ,hold for suitable time,then heat the temperature up to 1100 oC – 1200 oC,hold enough time for the steel to be thoroughly heated.Minimum forging temperature 850°C,so don’t forge below it.1.1191 steel should be cooled as slowly as possible in still air or in sand after forged.
Normalizing is used to refine the structure of forgings that might have cooled non-uniformly after forged,and considered as a conditioning treatment before final heat treatment.Normalizing temperature for 1.1191 steel should be carried out between 870℃-920℃. hold suitable time for the steel to be thoroughly heated to complete the ferrite to austenite transformation.Soak for 10 – 15 minutes,then cool in still air.
Annealing is considered as a treatment suitable for machining.1.1191 steel should be carried our at a nominal temperature of 800℃-850℃,hold suitable time for the steel to be thoroughly heated, then furnace cooling.
1.1191 steel may be hardened to increase surface hardness and strength.It is usually heated to temperature 820oC – 860oC,hold suitable time for the steel to be heated uniformly,soak for 10 -15 minutes per 25mm of section, and quench in water or oil.Tempering should be followed immediately after quenched.
Tempering will be carried out to optimize the property after quench.1.1191 steel is usually heated to 400oC – 650oC as required, hold until temperature is uniform throughout the section, soak for 1 hour per 25mm of section, and cool in still air.
Compared with 1.0402,1.1191 steel has low alloy,but can be flamed or induction hardening to obtain high strength,and is widely used in many industries which require more strength,wear resistance,
Typical applications includes Axles,Bolts, Connecting Rods, Hydraulic Clamps ,Rams, Pins , Rolls, Studs, Shafts, Spindles, Sockets, Light gears etc.