For more than 2 decades, WALDUN has been providing high quality chromium carbide overlay plates to hundreds – to thousands of clients.
We employ more than 50 employees – and our team is constantly growing. You can ask us to create and manufacture chromium carbide overlay plate, flux-cored welding wires, wear fittings, wear-resistant parts, wear pipes, etc.
We have a large area for production and a team of highly-skilled and highly-regarded engineers and technical experts.
Advantages of WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate
The Key’s With The Chromium Carbide Overlay Composition
- The main ingredients of WALDUN’s overlay plates include Carbon (%): (C) 3.0 to 5.0 and Chromium (%): Cr 25 to 40.
- With this chemical proportions, it results to a large amount of Cr7C3 chrome carbide hard particles. Since the micro-hardness can go upwards of HV1800, the particles throughout the layers will give and guarantee a surface having a level of super wear resistance.
Chromium Carbide Microstructure
- Our wear plate’s wear resistance would depend on the shape, size, hardness, as well as the distribution of the hard particles of chromium carbide.
Base and Overlay Plate’s Bonding Strength
- Both the base and the overlay plates are bonded excellently.
- In the process, the overlay will penetrate and go into the base plate at about 0.8mm-1.8mm. Moreover, this reaches up to 350Mpa during our testing processes and procedures.
Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Performance Test
- Test Equipment: Quartz Sand Rubber Wheel Abrasion Test Machine
- Conditions: Selecting similar specimens of dimensions for different wear plate producers and materials, and putting them in the same-wearing conditions in our machines for testing.
- Results: The test results have shown that the usual lifespan of WALDUN’s wear plates is about two and a half times better and higher than domestic wear plates, as well as one and a half times better than imported products.
WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Video
Why Choose WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate
If you choose to use our overlay plates as raw materials, you can bank on WALDUN’s chromium carbide overlay plate. It yields excellent strength and wear resistance.
In fact, the quality of WALDUN’s chromium carbide overlay plate is considered to be the best and the top among other competitors.
WALDUN is capable of producing parts for a wide variety of machines including:
- Cement Grinders
- Vertical Mills
- Roller Presses
- Mill Grinders
- Wear Resistant Table Liners; and
You can purchase our chromium carbide overlay plate depending on what your requirements are. We profile and manufacture our products using High Pressure Water Abrasive Cutting and Laser Cutting.
Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Complete FAQ Guide
Chromium carbide is a compound that is widely used in a range of industries. Its most common use is to be integrated into overlay plates, making Chrome carbide overlay plates.
If ever you’re not aware with what they are, this is perfect for you!
In this post, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about Chromium carbide overlay plates. We’ll start with finding out what it is, what it’s used for, and so on.
Overview of Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates
In a nutshell, Chromium carbide overlay (CCO) plates are plates used in many applications.
You can use it to give higher resistance to wear, abrasion, impact, temperature, and the like.
What is the Hardness of the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
Chromium carbide overlay plate welding layers have extreme-level hardness.
Typically, you can have surface hardness that can reach HRC 58 to 62, and a micro hardness that can go upwards of HV 1700 to 2000.
What is the Flatness of the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
The typical flatness that Chromium carbide overlay plates have must be controlled in the range of ±3 mm per m.
Waldun’s advanced welding processes can strictly control welding deformation, minimizing it to its fullest extent.
Moreover, after welding, we here at Waldun use a welding machine; it’s what we use to level our Chrome carbide plates. In fact, our Chrome carbide overlay plates can reach industry levels even without a leveler.
How Do You Manufacture a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
Waldun follows a 7-step procedure in producing and in manufacturing Chrome carbide overlay plates.
The main advantage that we have is we weld a big plate using a CNC system in one go.
Step 1: Rough Cutting
This procedure involves cutting the raw materials into a plate. This plate will have a rough size, typically in 1500 x 3000 mm.
Step 2: Welding
Then, it will involve open arc welding or submerged arc welding overlay (SAW) on the substrate.
The most common would include one (1) square meter of a Chrome carbide plate; this usually takes four (4) hours (6 + 4, for example).
Step 3: Inspection
Inspection is the part where the quality of the made Chrome carbide plate is checked.
This is when inconsistencies and mishaps are checked and evaluated; if there are, we go to the next step, which is…
Step 4: Repair Welding
All the welding defects you see are fixed in the repair welding procedure.
Whether it’s a crack, overlapping, , porosities, etc., it’s fixed during this phase or process.
Step 5: Precision Cut
Precision cutting is the process of cutting the CCO plate to the size you need it to be in.
This is where we specify the dimensions of your product or material.
Step 6: Leveling
Based on your desired levelness, we’ll be producing the exact type and kind of Chrome carbide plate.
The normal level is at ± 3 mm per m.
Step 7: Punching and Stud Welding
Last, but definitely not the least is punching and/or stud welding.
This is done in accordance to the actual requirements you have for the design and finalization.
Waldun offers excellent treatment and customization. Don’t be afraid to contact us if you need a particular style or kind of design.
How Do You Control the Quality of a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
Quality is of the utmost importance in getting Chromium carbide overlay plates.
With better control comes better quality, and Waldun is a master of that.
For many years, Waldun has been dedicated to providing excellent quality products. In fact, we are ISO 9001 certified.
This basically means that we have a special quality management system, ensuring higher and better quality products.
In addition, we also are ISO 14001 certified. This environmental management system certification is a symbol of our adeptness and our adaptability to the environment.
We here at Waldun always perform in the best of our ability to provide high quality products to our clients.
What is the Chemical Composite of Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
Various Chrome carbide overlay plates have different chemical composites.
However, the most common CCO deposit chemistry contain the following:
- Chrome(15% to 30%)
- Carbon (3.0% to 4.0%)
- Silicon (1% to 4% each)
- Molybdenum (1% to 4% each)
- Manganese (1% to 4% each)
How Do You Judge Cracks on Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
Chrome carbide plates are known to be one of the hardest and most durable materials.
Seeing cracks on it only means that it has been subject to welding stress. This can be due to high temperature, high impact, and so on.
Cracks are results of the release of welding stress. So, when you see cracks, it’s because of the environment where it was from.
What is the Base Plate for a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
Chrome carbide overlay plates usually begin with a base type of mild steel.
You can also customize it depending on the strength, flexibility, and hardness you need.
What is the Alloy Layer For Chrome Carbide Plates?
An alloy layer is the alloy that stands between the substrate and the Chrome carbide plate.
The alloy layer for Chrome carbide plates is none other than Chrome carbide alloy layer. It usually has:
- Chrome(CR) of 27% to 35%
- Carbon (C) of about 5.0%
What Test Machine is Required for Chrome Carbide Plates?
You can use many testing machines for Chrome carbide overlay plates.
We here at Waldun, we utilize metallography experiment instruments, as well as testing machines for:
- Corrosion resistance
- Abrasion resistance
- Overlay testers
How Do You Make Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate Package Before Delivery?
Choosing the packaging of how your Chrome carbide plates will be is necessary.
You can select from a wide range of packaging; there’s plastic films, non-fumigation pallets, steel pallets, wood, etc.
What Welding Wires Can be Used for Welding Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
There’s a wide range of options you can choose from. You can choose to use solid gas metal arc welding (GMAW) wires, composite metal-cored (GMAW) wire, and so on.
But, the most common type of welding wire you can use is flux-cored welding wires.
What is the Thickness, Length, and Width That Can be Manufactured for Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
Waldun can specify the Chrome carbide overlay plates depending on your need.
However, here are some benchmarks you can use as a guide or basis:
- Thickness typically has a range between 3/8 inches to 1-1/2 inches thick
- Width is usually about 4 to 8 feet
- Length, lastly, typically sits at 8 to 20 feet
How to Cut to the Length of the Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate That You Need?
You can actually get the exact length of the Chrome carbide plate you need.
Plasma cutting is the most common method, as well as the most relied on. However, there are other methods available.
They include water jet cutting, as well as high-powered lasers.
How Do You Weld Stud on Chrome Carbide Plates?
Stud welding is what you need to do to link Chrome carbide plates to other components.
Basically, the principle is that the Chrome carbide plate is fastened by the stud’s welding torch. One of the ends of the stud is touching the plate’s surface, then the arc welding will start.
What Kind of Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate is More Suitable for Acid Environments?
A myriad of Chrome carbide plate types can effectively and efficiently be used in high acid environments.
But, you will find it better and more effective if you utilize plates with high carbon content.
What Standards are Required for Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
Different countries require different standards for their Chrome carbide plates.
We here at Waldun are certified in the Asian, American, European, and Australian standards. You can check out the certifications we’re certified against when you craft the transaction with us!
What Powders Can be Used for Welding Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
You can use a wide range of powders for welding Chrome carbide plates.
From atomized iron welding powders to sponge irons powders, you can choose depending on what you need!
What’s the Best Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for ATM Machines?
You can utilize many kinds of CCO plates for the chest of ATM machines.
But, the best type of Chrome carbide plate for ATM machine chests is a mild steel base. It’s because of the high levels of abrasive resistance.
What’s the Best Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for Coal Mining?
Equipment and machines in the mining industry require high levels of impact and temperature resistance.
This is why it’s best to use white iron material because of its high levels of Chrome and molybdenum.
However, it’s not that highly resistant to scratches; nevertheless, you can be sure of its high impact and stress situations.
Can I Buy Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate From Chinese Chrome Carbide Plate Suppliers?
Yes, China is among the most prominent in the world when it comes to CCO plates.
You can choose from a lot of Chinese manufacturers of Chrome carbide overlay plates. However, Waldun has been topping the lists for more than 2 decades already.
What’s the Difference Between Acroplate 1600 and Your Plate?
Acroplate 1600 is a type of steel plate, resistant to wear and is manufactured by Western Australia’s Alloy Steel International.
Its production process allows it to have dominant levels of Chrome, making it one of the best across the entire alloy matrix.
The main difference that it has with your regular Chrome carbide plate is that it has diverse levels of Chrome. You can take advantage of its versatility in a lot of different ways.
How to Purchase Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for Buckets?
Chrome carbide plates are part of the more popular types of wear plates used for excavator and truck buckets.
Before you purchase, it is imperative that you check the size of and the dimensions of the buckets where you’re going to apply it.
In addition to that, you also need to think of what type of resistance you need. Doing so will also allow you to specify the type of plates you need for your buckets.
How to Judge Hardfacing Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
When we’re talking about hardfacing CCO plates, you need to take note of a couple of factors.
- Chemistry of the CCO plate
- Hardness of the CCO plate
- Wear resistance properties
- Life expectancy
These are the most important factors you can judge and choose from.
What is a Manganese Carbide Plate?
Manganese is an element that appears in a pinkish-gray color.
Its addition in a Chrome carbide plate makes it harder and tougher. But, it also makes it more brittle and it’s easily oxidized.
This downside is answered by adding a higher melting point to the plate.
What is the Difference Between Overlay Plates and Chrome Carbide Plates?
Chrome carbide plates are clad plates that have higher and stronger resistance. It performs better in high stress situations.
Overlay plates are plates that are primarily used for welding overlay. It’s comprised of a mild steel base and performs best in recovering or rehabilitating a part or component.
What is the Difference Between Tungsten Carbide Plates and Chrome Carbide Plates?
Although they’re similar, these coatings have a lot of indifferences.
One of the best and the most recognizable differences would be their temperature limit.
You can use Chrome carbide plates for higher temperature applications; it has a limit of up to 725 degrees Celsius or 1300 F. Tungsten carbide, on the other hand, only has a limit of 400 degrees Celsius or 730 F.
What is a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate HS Code?
HS code is a short term for harmonized system. It’s what described the distinction of certain types of goods.
HS codes for Chrome carbide plates depend on the type, kind, and the chapter of the particular plate.
The HS structure is:
- Has 99 different chapters
- Chapters have 21 sections
- It’s structured to be a six (6) digit identification code
- It has a total of 5000 commodity groups
The first number is the chapter, the second is the heading; while the third, forth, and fifth are subheadings.
How Do You Weld a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
Welding Chrome carbide plates isn’t actually a challenge.
As a matter of fact, you can perform it using regular and standard welding electrodes. The procedure just involves:
- Preheating the base metal where the CCO plate will be attached
- Position and align the CCO plate to the base
- Weld the Chromecarbide overlay plate to the substrate
What is Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate in Pressure Vessels?
Integrating or installing CCO plates in pressure vessels is used for restoration, recovery, or for adding durability, strength, hardness, and corrosion resistance.
You can proceed to installing it for the purpose of higher endurance and longer lifespan or life expectancy.
What are Different Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Applications?
The process of producing or manufacturing Chrome carbide plates is specifically for the purpose of enhancement.
This is the reason why you’d want Chrome carbide plate applications are always for temperature, impact, wear, and abrasion. The most common applications for Chrome carbide plates include:
- Power and Generation Industry
- Discharge pipes
- Cement Industry
- Pump shells
- Vibrating screens
- Paper Industry
- Spiral conveyors
- Cyclone linings
- Transition elbows
- Pulping agitators
- Coal Industry
- Coal pipes
- Pumping bodies
- Mining Industry
- Wear rods and plates
- Cover plates and enclosures
- Hopper lines
Apart from these, there are other CCO plate applications. It’s mostly used to resist the myriad types of wear that can occur to a component.
What is a Wear Alloy Plate?
It’s a type of plate made up of varying types and kinds of metal and element combinations.
You’d want to use it to increase resistance against certain wear factors, including:
What is the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Composition?
Chrome carbide overlay plates are comprised of:
- Mild steel base
What is a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Manufacturing Machine?
Chrome carbide overlay plate manufacturing or production machines are machines used to produce or manufacture Chrome carbide overlay plates.
We here at Waldun manufacture and produce a prolific amount of CCO plates on a daily basis. Our machines and equipment have high automation with simple operation.
What is a Chrome Carbide Plate Type?
Different Chrome carbide plates differ and vary based on the steel base as well as the coating.
Depending on what you’ll be using it for would be the best type and kind of Chrome carbide plates.
What are the Differences With Our Chrome Carbide Plate and Your Chrome Carbide Plate?
Waldun’s Chrome carbide plates aren’t regular. Our CCO plates have high levels of Chrome, about 25 to 40%, whereas traditional and regular plates only have 10 to 20%.
In addition, the Cr7C3 content that our plates have exceed the regular 50%.
This can result to uninform texture but with higher hardness and durability.
Smoothened-surface plates are bimetal plates that are smoother because it went through cold rolling more.
You can use it for a large variety of applications, it’s perfect for furniture, structural, even chemistry and petrochemical industries.
Chrome Carbide Plates & Bucket Rebuilding
Apart from its usual applications, you can also use CCO plates to rebuild and restore buckets.
The high levels of Chrome and carbon make it hard, allowing it to resist more impact.
Rebuilding buckets using Chrome carbide overlay plates has been prominent, especially because of the fact that it has properties that exceed that those of regular metal.
Waldun is China’s number one Chrome carbide overlay plate manufacturer. We are equipped with the most efficient logistics system, as well as a Research & Development (R&D) department.
You can also bank and count on us to support the OEM requirements you need!
Reach out to us and get the custom made Chrome carbide overlay plates you require!
Waldun’s Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates
Across the entire country, Waldun is known to be the best manufacturer of Chrome carbide overlay plates.
Our CCO plates come in a wide variety of forms and types; you will never have any problems when you choose us!
If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us!
What’s the Difference Between Hardox Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate and Hardox?
Technically, Hardox Chrome carbide plates have been proven to exceed regular Chrome carbide plates in terms of hardness, durability, as well as wear and abrasion resistance.
The integration of Hardox is what makes it all the more efficient and effective; delivering extra toughness, welding ability, and hardness.
Can I Get a Free Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate Sample?
Different manufacturers have different regulations and policies when it comes to samples.
But, here at Waldun, we’ll never fail to offer a free sample; we can even customize it to what you need!
What is the Lead Time For Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
For Chrome carbide plates already available, you can receive it within 5 to 10 days.
If you need others or if you need to specify, we can have it delivered in about 15 to 20 days at the maximum.
What is the Service Life for Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
Generally, the service life you can expect for Chrome carbide plates last as much as ten (10) times of that of regular carbon steel.
So, if regular carbon steel can last for 5 years, Chrome carbide plates can last up to 50 years, depending on usage, of course.
Here at Waldun, our Chrome carbide plates last as much as five (5) times compared to other manufacturers!
What is the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) of Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
The MoQ of Chrome carbide overlay plates will depend on the manufacturer.
For us here at Waldun, we don’t have any MoQ. We will give you the number and the amount you specifically need for your business.
What is the Payment Terms for Purchasing a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
Here at Waldun, we can accept Telegraphic Transfers (TT), Commercial Letter of Credit (LC); and if you have a good credit standing, we can accept Open Account payments.
Let’s review each of them in details.
- Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Overview:
- Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Production Process
- Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Packing
- Advantages of WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate
- WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Video
- Why Choose WALDUN Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate
- Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Complete FAQ Guide
- Overview of Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates
- What is the Hardness of the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
- What is the Flatness of the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
- How Do You Manufacture a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
- How Do You Control the Quality of a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
- What is the Chemical Composite of Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
- How Do You Judge Cracks on Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What is the Base Plate for a Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate?
- What is the Alloy Layer For Chrome Carbide Plates?
- What Test Machine is Required for Chrome Carbide Plates?
- How Do You Make Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate Package Before Delivery?
- What Welding Wires Can be Used for Welding Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What is the Thickness, Length, and Width That Can be Manufactured for Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
- How to Cut to the Length of the Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate That You Need?
- How Do You Weld Stud on Chrome Carbide Plates?
- What Kind of Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate is More Suitable for Acid Environments?
- What Standards are Required for Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What Powders Can be Used for Welding Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What’s the Best Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for ATM Machines?
- What’s the Best Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for Coal Mining?
- Can I Buy Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate From Chinese Chrome Carbide Plate Suppliers?
- What’s the Difference Between Acroplate 1600 and Your Plate?
- How to Purchase Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate for Buckets?
- How to Judge Hardfacing Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
- What is a Manganese Carbide Plate?
- What is the Difference Between Overlay Plates and Chrome Carbide Plates?
- What is the Difference Between Tungsten Carbide Plates and Chrome Carbide Plates?
- What is a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate HS Code?
- How Do You Weld a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?
- What is Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate in Pressure Vessels?
- What are Different Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Applications?
- What is a Wear Alloy Plate?
- What is the Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Composition?
- What is a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate Manufacturing Machine?
- What is a Chrome Carbide Plate Type?
- What are the Differences With Our Chrome Carbide Plate and Your Chrome Carbide Plate?
- Smooth Surface Premium Chrome Carbide Plate
- Chrome Carbide Plates & Bucket Rebuilding
- Waldun’s Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates
- What’s the Difference Between Hardox Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate and Hardox?
- Can I Get a Free Chrome Carbide Overlay Plate Sample?
- What is the Lead Time For Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What is the Service Life for Chrome Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What is the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) of Chromium Carbide Overlay Plates?
- What is the Payment Terms for Purchasing a Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate?