AR PLATE–The Ultimate Guide
This is a guide about the AR plate, AR plate is abbreviations of abrasion resistant steel plate.
If you have any questions about the AR plate, you can read it.
We will list a series of related questions about AR plate. We hope it will help you.
What is AR plates?
AR plates are designed to provide protection to the occasion or part that needs to be worn. AR plate makes your equipment last longer and reduces the maintenance downtime brought about by repairs. It can significantly reduce your costs.
Name: NM means wear resistance in Chinese languages, and the number followed represents the average Brinell hardness.
Heat treatment methods: high temperature tempering, quenching + tempering
What is AR plate standard?
In China, AR plate is named NM, like NM360, NM400, NM450 and etc.
Followed are the corresponding foreign standards for NM wear plates.
Main Chinese abrasion resistant material:
nm360l, wnm360a, wnm360b, wnm360c, wnm360d, wnm360e, wnm400a, wnm400b, wnm400c, wnm400d, wnm400e, wnm450a, wnm450b, wnm450c, wnm500a, wnm500b, wnm500b. WNM500C, 1E0682, 1E0653, 1E1839 and so on.
General wear-resistant steel plate grades are: WNM360A, WNM360B, WNM360C, WNM400A, WNM400B, WNM400C.
Super wear-resistant steel plate grades are: WNM450A, WNM450B, WNM450C, WNM500A, WNM500B, WNM500C.
High-toughness wear-resistant steel plates are: WNM360D, WNM360E, WNM400D, WNM400E.
High welding performance wear-resistant steel plate: WNM360L.
How to cut AR plates?
In fact, cutting AR wear plates is same as cutting plain low carbon and low alloy steel. The key is to prevent cracks from appearing on the surface of the material. Since AR plates have a wear-resistant layer, their thickness and hardness must be higher than ordinary plates. Then the chance of cracks appearing when cutting will be higher as well.
When cutting AR wear plates, preheating should be done beforehand, and the preheating temperature is determined by the thickness and quality level of the wear plate. It is also possible to cut at low speed, but this is the method to be used when it is not possible to preheat the whole plate.
The correct use of the slow cooling method is also good for reducing cracks in the cutting of wear-resistant plate. For the newly cut wear-resistant plate with temperature, it should not be stacked, but should be covered with an insulating blanket to gradually reach the cooling requirement.
For the cutting of wear-resistant plate, there is a special measure, that is, immediately after cutting to take heating, that is, low-temperature tempering, can effectively eliminate the cutting residual stress, reduce the production of cracks.
Water jet cutting, applicable to AR wear plate cutting, and the effect is very good. Not only the heat-affected zone of the cutting is small, but also it can prevent the original properties of the workpiece from being affected, and the key is to get a good quality cut without distortion.
How to judge AR plate laser cutting quality?
AR plates’ laser cutting processing quality, generally refers to the cutting dimensions accuracy and the cutting edge quality.
Following four factors:
(1) The incision width and the surface roughness.
(2) The the heat-affected zone, and if have burns.
(3) The incision section corrugation.
(4) The incision cross-section or the lower surface hanging slag.
The main factors affecting the quality of laser cutting can be divided into two categories: one is the processing system performance and the influence of light; the other is the impact of processing material factors and process parameters.
What is AR plate chemical composition?
What is annealing process of AR plate?
If you want to produce high strength AR plate, you must apply to the successive annealing technology, that is, the cooling technology.
The most important point of successive annealing is that the speed of cooling in the cooling section should be appropriate and fast.
In fact, the temperature is also a very important element.
In order to prevent the steel coil layer bonding between, hood furnace temperature is limited, can’t be too high, generally not beyond 720 degrees.
What is advantages of AR400 wear plate?
AR400 wear plate has high strength and fracture resistance; high impact strength; excellent wear resistance.
AR400 wear plate through a special heat treatment process, the steel has both high strength and high resistance, and outstanding casting process-ability.
The wear resistance is more than 2 times better than high manganese steel and high chromium steel.
Its tensile strength is up to 1,950 MPA, elongation at break is 17%, section shortening rate is 38%, HRC55.
It has good mechanical processing function and casting function and welding function.
What is wear mechanism of wear-resistant plate?
The well-known wear mechanisms are adhesive wear, corrosion wear, fatigue wear, erosion wear, micro-dynamic wear, impact wear and etc.
How to indicate the wear resistance of wear plates?
Abrasion resistance is the ability of a material surface to resist wear. It is expressed in terms of wear rate, which is equal to the quotient of the difference in mass of the specimen before and after wear under standard test conditions and the surface area of the specimen subjected to wear.
The greater the wear rate, the worse the wear resistance.
What is Mn16 wear plate?
Mn16 refers to the content of element Mn in about 1.6. 16Mn is called low alloy high strength structural steel, 16Mn is the old Chinese standard grade, the current Chinese grade is called Q345. And Mn16 belongs to high manganese steel, is a widely used wear-resistant steel, wear-resistant and impact resistant.
Clad wear-resistant steel vs AR500 wear-resistant steel
Cladding wear plates are more wear resistant because the cladding plate is made of an alloy to improve wear resistance.
AR500 mainly relies on tempering to guarantee wear resistance.
However, the price of clad wear steel is higher.
AR Wear Steel VS HARDOX Wear Plate
Wear-resistant steel plates can be divided into Chinese wear-resistant steel plate and imported Swedish wear-resistant steel plate. These two kinds of wear-resistant steel plates, each have its own performance characteristics. Through the following performance comparison we can understand clearly at a glance, at the same time also have a new understanding of Chinese AR wear plate.
HARDOX wear-resistant steel plate
It is divided into:HARDOX400 HARDOX450 HARDOX500 HARDOX600
HARDOX 400 wear-resistant steel plate has a hardness of 400 HBW and has excellent weld ability, impact strength and bending performance.
HARDOX 450 wear resistant steel plate hardness is 450HBW, its most outstanding feature is its high hardness and toughness at the same time. And in spite of its high hardness, it is as easy to process as HARDOX 400.
The hardness of HARDOX500 wear-resistant steel is 500 HBW, which enables it to withstand severe wear. It is suitable for working in high wear environments, such as high-strength ores and corrosive materials.
HARDOX 600 is the world’s hardest wear-resistant steel plate, its hardness is 600 HBW. It is generally used in extremely severe wear occasions and to replace the cast steel, chrome steel.
AR wear-resistant steel plate
AR wear-resistant steel plate is divided into: NM360 NM400 NM450 NM500
Application: NM360 NM400 wear-resistant steel plate is widely used in mining machinery, coal mining machinery, environmental protection machinery, engineering machinery, cement machinery, metallurgical machinery, brick making machinery and other product parts. Excavator, loader, bulldozer bucket plate, blade plate, side blade plate. Crusher liner plate, blade. Also commonly used as yield strength ≥ 700Mpa high strength structural steel.
Function: It is mainly used to provide protection for the place or part that needs your protection, to make the equipment last longer, to reduce maintenance downtime and to reduce capital investment.
Performance: Yield ≥ 800, tensile ≥ 1000, hardness 360-420, 460-530.
How to choose a AR wear plate?
1）Combustion power plant: medium-speed coal mill cylinder liner, fan impeller nest shell, dust collector inlet flue, ash duct, bucket turbine liner, separator connecting pipe, coal crusher liner, coal hopper and crusher liner, burner burner, coal hopper and funnel liner, air preheater support tile, separator guide vanes. The above-mentioned parts do not have high requirements on the hardness and wear strength of wear-resistant steel. You can use NM360/400 wear-resistant steel with thickness 6-10mm.
2) Coal field: feeding chute and funnel liner, hopper bushing, fan blade, pusher floor, cyclone dust collector, coke guide liner, ball mill liner, drill stabilizer, spiral feeder bell and base, tumbler bucket liner, ring feeder, dump truck floor. The coalfield operating environment is harsh, and there are certain requirements for the corrosion resistance and wear strength of wear-resistant steel plate. You can use NM400/450 HARDOX400 thickness 8-26mm wear-resistant steel plate.
3) Cement plants: chute liners, end bushings, cyclone dust collectors, separator blades and guide vanes, fan blades and liners, recycle hopper liners, screw conveyor base plates, duct components, molten mass cooling tray liners, conveyor chute liners. These components also need wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant steel plates that are a bit better. You can use NM360/400 HARDOX400 thickness 8-30mmd wear-resistant steel plate.
4) Loading machinery: unloading mill chain plate, hopper liner plate, grapple blade plate, automatic dump truck tipper plate, dump truck body. This requires extremely high wear strength and hardness wear-resistant steel plates. You can use the material NM500 HARDOX450/500 thickness in 25-45MM wear-resistant steel.
5) Mining machinery: mineral and stone crusher liners, blades, conveyor liners, baffles. Such parts need very high wear resistance. You can use NM450/500 HARDOX450/500 10-30mm thick wear-resistant steel plate.
6) Construction machinery: cement pusher teeth plate, concrete mixing building, mixer liner plate, dust collector liner plate, brick making machine mould plate. You can use the material NM360/400 thickness of 10-30mm wear-resistant steel plate.
7) Construction machinery: loaders, bulldozers, excavators, bucket plate, side blade plate, bucket bottom plate, blades, rotary drilling rig drill pipe. These machines require extremely hard and wear-resistant steel plates with very high strength. You can use NM500 HARDOX500/550/600 high-strength wear-resistant steel with a thickness of 20-60mm.
8) Metallurgical machinery: iron ore sintering machine, conveying elbow, iron ore sintering machine liner, scraper liner. Because such machinery needs high temperature resistance and extremely strong hardness wear-resistant steel plate. You can use HARDOX600HARDOXHiTuf series of wear-resistant steel plate.
Wear-resistant plates are widely used in mining machinery, coal mining and transportation, engineering machinery, agricultural machinery, building materials, electric machinery, railway transportation and other sectors. For example, ball mill steel ball, liner, excavator bucket teeth, bucket, all kinds of crusher rolling mortar wall, tooth plate, hammer, tractor and tank track plate, fan mill strike plate, railway forks, coal mine scraper conveyor with the central slot in the plate, slot gang, ring chain, bulldozer shovel knife, shovel teeth, large electric wheel bucket with liner, oil and opencast iron ore perforation with tooth wheel drill bit and so on.
Finally, If you have any request regarding AR plate, you can contact us.
AR Plate from WALDUN
Across China, Waldun is a supplier of ar plate and wear resistant steel. We can help you by producing high quality wear resistant and ar steel plates!
Waldun’s wear resistant plates are used by many businesses for their machines and equipment. Whether it involves high pressure, high impact, even high temperature, Waldun’s wear and abrasion resistant plates will be put to good use!
Being the best in the country for over 2 decades, Waldun will be the best wear plate manufacturer you’ll ever find!
What are Waldun’s AR Steel Plates?
The AR plates we offer are used to prevent further wear to parts and components.
Waldun can supply wear resistant steel plates that are water and dustproof, suited for a wide range of uses and applications.
You can get wear resistant composite steel plates, NM wear resistant plates, chromium carbide overlay plates, and others from us here at Waldun.
We can specify the type and kind of wear resistant plates you need for your business!
Features of Waldun’s AR Plates
All of Waldun’s wear resistant steel plates are made from high quality and capable machinery.
You can expect the following features from choosing the wear resistant plates we offer:
- Easy-to-work with and malleable
- Good and sufficient weldability
- Excellent damage and wear prevention
- Decreased production cost
- Excellent temperature and impact resistance
- And many more!
Applications of Waldun’s AR Plate and Wear Resistant Steel
A myriad of businesses choose Waldun’s abrasion and wear resistant plates because of the features they offer.
You can apply it to a wide range of applications, the most common would be truck beds, digging equipment, construction equipment, buckets, chutes, screen plates, and many more!
You’ll never run out of where you’ll apply Waldun’s wear resistant plates. It’s easily compatible with a lot of machines and equipment!
Companies in the mining industry, the construction industry, oil & gas industry, petrochemical industry, and others continue to trust Waldun for the supply of their wear plates!
Why Choose Waldun’s Abrasion and Wear Resistant Steel Plates?
Many companies and businesses choose Waldun because of the expertise we have in producing wear resistant plates.
We offer wide ranges of wear plate thicknesses, strengths, and grades
We can provide a free sample of the wear and abrasion resistant plate you need
15 to 20-day delivery time from the date of delivery
Excellent aftersales services
We’re ISO and SGS certified, guaranteeing you quality and effective wear resistant plates!
Other Products Waldun Offers
Apart from wear resistant plates, Waldun can also be your source for other products. We’re known to provide prolific amounts of welding machines and equipment.
Waldun can produce hardfacing machines, pipe cladding machines, welding manipulators, welding positioners, and many more!
Shoot us an email about the inquiry you have about our wear resistant plates! Get a free quotation for what you need!
Waldun can also specify the abrasion and wear resistant steel plates you need depending on how you want them!
Let’s review each of them in details.
- What is AR plates?
- What is AR plate standard?
- How to cut AR plates?
- How to judge AR plate laser cutting quality?
- What is AR plate chemical composition?
- What is annealing process of AR plate?
- What is advantages of AR400 wear plate?
- What is wear mechanism of wear-resistant plate?
- How to indicate the wear resistance of wear plates?
- What is Mn16 wear plate?
- Clad wear-resistant steel vs AR500 wear-resistant steel
- AR Wear Steel VS HARDOX Wear Plate
- How to choose a AR wear plate?
- AR Plate from WALDUN
- What are Waldun’s AR Steel Plates?
- Why Choose Waldun’s Abrasion and Wear Resistant Steel Plates?
- Other Products Waldun Offers